The YDSA campaign to cancel student debt is a part of the College for All national priority. For more info, check the campaign page!
Sen. Bernie Sanders, Rep. Pramila Jaypal, and Rep. Ilhan Omar have unveiled a plan to completely eliminate the student loan debt of every American. The Student Debt Cancellation Act has no eligibility limitations and will be paid for by a tax on Wall Street.
This bill presents us with a historic opportunity to cohere a national movement that can go beyond student debt cancellation and College for All.
Help YDSA cancel student debt by:
- Running an escalating campaign on your campus to pressure your representatives.
- Urging everyone you know to email and call their representatives about this bill. To make things easier for you, the College for All Committee has partnered with Digital Left to create a database that generates a customizable email and call script addressed to your representative.
- Sending us a picture of you and a sentence telling us what you would do if you were debt-free!
- Signing-up to run a College for All campaign on your campus.
- Attending our weekly campaign calls every Friday at 6PM EST.